Strawberries and extra virgin olive oil, a great source of vitamins and antioxidants.
The WHO recommends some very simple tips to take care of your health and feel good inside. The first and foremost is to follow the Mediterranean diet. Therefore, today we bring you a very aaaand recipe that is easy to make and really rich and different: strawberries dressed with extra virgin from Jaén.
But before explaining this delicious dessert, we would like to remind you of a series of tips to incorporate into your day to day.
1- Follow a diet rich in proteins, vitamins, hydrates, and antioxidants. EVOO is one of the main foods in the Mediterranean diet, due to its high content of oleic acid, and its antioxidant power.
2- Exercise at least 3 times a week.
3- Reduce the consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
4- Healthy mind, and positive attitude.
And now yes, you have earned this delicious recipe.
STRAWBERRIES WITH EXTRA VIRGIN OIL.
- 600 gr of strawberries
- Extra Virgin of Jaén, Pago de Espejo. 4 tsp.
- Sugar to taste
- Wash and cut the strawberries into small pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Cover them with the extra virgin olive oil and the sugar, stir them well and cover with plastic wrap. We let them rest in the fridge for two hours.
Take them out half an hour before consuming so that they lose the cold, and serve them with fresh mint.
Benefits of this dessert
- Large amount of vitamin C. Strawberries are very rich in Vitamin C, surpassing even orange. For every 150 grams of strawberries, we can ingest 86 grams of vitamin C.
- Vitamins A, D, E and K, provided by the extra virgin oil from Jaén.
- Up to 85% oleic acid, which, as we have already mentioned, is a great antioxidant.
We have already become addicted and more so now that strawberry season begins.
And you, do you dare to try them?
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL HEALTH DAY!