We love lifelong recipes, those that have always been cooked at home, and although we are true fans of market and fusion cuisine, I recognize that where is a good spoon dish, or a recipe from the notebook of the bisi (that’s what we call our grandmother at home), take everything else off. Today we wanted to surprise you with a recipe for oven-roasted pork loin, with a spectacular sauce, based on onion and our extra virgin olive oil.
The recipe is very simple, and you can either eat the meat with this sauce, or with the onion without passing it, or even the meat alone with a thread of our extra virgin on top, and it will be even healthier…
Why have we chosen this part of the pig? Because it is very low in fat, and it is together with the sirloin, the one that contains the most protein. In addition, cooking it in the oven, we take advantage of all its properties, and it is much juicier.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pago de Espejo
- Pork loin 1kg
- Large onions 3 or 4
- Oloroso de Jerez or Camomille Wine: 1 glass of blender.
- Spices: Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Smear or paint the loin piece with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover the whole loin with the mixture of the 3 spices, so that it creates a layer.
- Place it in a glass dish, cover with plastic wrap and put the container in the fridge. Let it marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven with air to 180º.
- Take the piece out of the fridge and let it reach room temperature. Season with salt and pepper.
- We brown the piece first in a pan, on both sides, and remove it.
- In a special baking dish, add a little extra virgin oil to the bottom, put the onion, and cover it with a little salt and fragrant wine or camomille (half of the glass) and let it cook with heat up and down about 20 minutes.
- After that time, we place the piece of loin, the rest of the wine, on top of the onion, and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Next, we turn the pork loin over, and put the dish back in the oven for 20 more minutes. (We like juicy meat, so we leave it for 20 minutes for every half a kilo of meat).
- After 40 minutes, we pierce the meat in the center, and with a small cut, we check if the meat is still a little pink, in which case we would put it in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Take all the onion, put it in the blender glass or in a masher (the texture is much better, but I admit that it is kind of tricky), and beat it together with the juice that has released the meat, the olive oil and the remaining wine in the meat tray, and beat everything together until it is a homogeneous sauce.
- Cut the meat into thin slices and plate.
- Serve the sauce in a bowl.
- Accompany with salad or some potatoes to the poor.
- The meat can also be taken, for those who do not like onion, with an extra virgin thread on top, and it is very tasty too.
We hope you liked this so easy to make and so special recipe. It is different from the others, due to the sauce that accompanies it, which perfectly combines our Picual EVOO with onion and a touch of oloroso.
If you try this weekend, we want photos!